2.07.2009

piscis

I had a menu design assignment for one of my classes at school. The assignment was to design a menu with 1 each appetizer, entree and dessert. I decided to go overkill and wrote a full on menu for a fictional restaurant.


The restaurant is named Piscis Seafood Bistro. Piscis is Latin for "A Fish" where the more popular word, Pisces, means a pair of fish. I went for a very casual menu with food that isn't fussy but has great, clean flavour profiles. What I'm really proud of is that I wrote the menu to be balanced on the kitchen so that no station will be slammed with orders. I even wrote a short wine list for the menu that matches with the food.

I'm really happy with this assignment. It allowed me to be creative and really think about food. Even though the restaurant is fictional I feel really close to it. In a weird way its become a part of me.

The beautiful design and layout is thanks to German Shible and the photographs are courtesy of Stacy Weber.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP