3.06.2009

Last Meal

If I were to perish tomorrow by rapture, natural disaster, extreme violence, stupidity or otherwise this is what I would want my last meal to be. There would be no lobster, foie gras, truffle, caviar, wine or cream. Only this...

Chicken braised in Dark Soy Sauce and Ginger

...with a bowl of Jasmine Rice and a pot of Jasmine Tea to end the meal.

I never ate a lot as a kid, in fact, I ate so little that my family worried about me. I'd struggle to finish a cup of rice. And then my Grandmother would cook that dish for me. A simple dish using only three major ingredients and eaten only with white rice. I ate plates of the stuff.

This food was prepared by Grandmother who stood no taller than 5 feet, weighed no more than 100 lbs and had a pacemaker helping her loving heart.It's probably been 15 years since the last and final time she cooked this for me.

I can make it but it never tastes the same and it never will.

2 comments:

Unknown Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 1:18:00 AM EDT  

I have not given this serious thought but if I had to say anything at this point I would like an Argentine steak, rare, and a nice Merlot.

Oh and one of my mom's Tacos.

Chris Birkett Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 9:12:00 AM EDT  

Looks very tasty. Can you provide a rough recipe?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP