10.28.2007

duck, duck, wonton.

This past weekend was my father's wedding, we threw a miniature cocktail party at my house before the reception. I threw together a bunch of things that I thought people from both sides of the family would like. The food was passable but could have been a lot better if I had more time, I had to prep a lot the night before which lowered the quality of the food as it had to sit overnight.


Clock-wise from the top:
  1. Roast Beef with cream cheese, parsley, and horse radish
  2. Bruchetta Pomodoro
  3. Smoked Salmon with cream cheese, dill, and capers
The one canapé I'm really proud of creating was an open-faced duck wonton. I had deep fried wonton skins to make a cup which I then first filled with caramelized Bartlett Pears and then shredded braised Duck leg. I didn't manage to get a picture of it but I will be definitely making it again in the near future. At first I originally wanted to do an Asian Mango Salsa with the Duck but was unable to find any Mango. Switching to Pears was a last minute decision. This was the most difficult canape to make and I was really worried, but I was fully satisfied with the results. There was a crispiness from the wonton skin, sweetness from the Pear, and a savoriness from the Duck.

This cocktail party was a good opportunity to flex my culinary muscles and work on creativity. I love cooking with Duck.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  Friday, May 24, 2013 at 6:14:00 AM EDT  

http://www.dolabuy.com/celine-bags.htm celine bags write luis vuitton store hermes birkin bag colours 2010 louie vutton eastern prevention kilogram publication suffrage louis vuitton speedy monogram celine handbag

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP