10.26.2010

Black & White

I’ve been working in a professional kitchen for just over a year now. In my time as a pro-cook I’ve been in and out of 4 kitchens; not because I’ve jumped from one job to another but because of stages (working in another kitchen on a volunteer basis to experience their food and daily operations).



One thing I’ve learned to love about the kitchen world is that it’s very Black and White world. You either have the skills to perform or you don’t. Cooking, like so many other crafts is a brutally honest reflection of one’s own abilities. Some days you’ll crumble, some you’ll be at your best and others you’ll just struggle through. Each day is a new challenge and a new opportunity to proves oneself and one’s worth.



In short, cooking is cooking, you can do it or you can’t. I don’t care if you’re Black, Yellow, or White, if you’re Homosexual or Straight, Christian, Buddhist or Muslim. In the end all that matters is the food and if you can cut as a cook or not; skills are honest it doesn’t matter the type of person they come from; everyone is equal, things like race, orientation and creed don’t matter.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 6:53:00 AM EDT  

Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard work due to no data backup.
Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?

my web blog - paydayloanspup.co.Uk

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP