4.06.2008

white jacket


The white chef coat is probably one of the most recognizable physical feature of all cooks. It's made of thick cotton to protect from the heat of the kitchen, rolled back French cuffs, thermometer sleeve pockets, and double breasted so stains can be hidden quickly. To me, wearing this jacket signifies the devotion to cooking seriously.

Anyone that knows me and sees me in person will say that I wear a lot of black. It's true, I've worn a lot of dark colours since my teenage years. It's only recently that I've begun to branch out into the world of colours. If I was ever caught wearing white it would be an undershirt. Having me wearing white or a lot of colours and my friends will probably say it will throw off the natural balance of the world.

I work in a corporate office and am one of two people to wear chef whites. I'm noticeably different from everyone else with dress shirts. The other person wearing whites only has the coat on when cooking, my coat goes on in the morning and doesn't come off until I leave. Some probably think this practice is odd but the coat is something physical that defines me.

I really like wearing the coat and the feelings it bring. It symbolizes what I'm working towards and the person that I am slowly becoming. It fits me and who I am, and that's all that matters.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP