3.10.2008

Crêpe

Anyone who has talked to me about my love for cooking has heard probably heard me say that I can't bake to save my life. It's true, I'm not much of a baker, I believe baking is an entirely different beast than cooking. I tend to burn anything with quantities of eggs, milk, sugar, and flour mixed together. I'm sure I could become proficient at baking if I practice the craft.

However, just because I'm not the greatest baker doesn't mean I can't do dessert. I make a killer
crème brûlée but that's a story for a different post. I recently purchased March's issue of Gourmet Magazine and saw a picture of what appeared to be a crêpe cake, I got inspired and decided to make it with a Canadian twist.


I didn't use the recipe in the magazine but was simply inspired by the beautiful picture. I used my tried and true crêpe batter recipe and Canadianized the cake by using Maple Syrup and chopped walnuts. I'd say that it turned out pretty good, adding a drizzle of maple syrup and the cake just gets better.

I don't make enough desserts, I should try my hand at making more. I will probably attempt more desserts in the summer when more local fruit is available.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 9:33:00 PM EST  

a crepe cake could be one of the worst things ive ever eaten

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP